Citizen Television Nigeria is a 24-hour online news and media organization which was founded in 2021 by Nigerian Development Journalist and businessman Peter Terhemba Asema.
The Company commenced operations in Makurdi, the Middle Belt Region of Nigeria and is growing rapidly to have reporters across the nation.
The Company is committed to ensuring that the voice of all citizens irrespective of social standing, class, belief system, nationality, is heard.
Our mandate include but not limited to:
- Accommodate opposing views;
- Inform and educate the general public on how they are governed, as well as educate them on their civic responsibilities to the state;
- Uphold the ideals of balanced reporting, objectivity, fairness and the right of the individual to be informed.
- Committed to presenting the news with proven facts
- Airing divergent views, irrespective of differences and circumstances.
- Airing News that affects Nigerians.
- Ensuring we give the people a voice
What we do:
We are a top online television station with wide reach. We report local and national news, politics, metro, business, entertainment, activism, sports and opinions.
To be a leading light in the media industry by ensuring timely and unique contents as well as provides opportunity for the ordinary citizen
* To be a platform to visit when the news is breaking
* To use our platform to check societal oppression, injustice and other ills through objective report, analysis and investigation.
* To hold governments and policymakers accountable on issues that concerns the masses
* To entertain and enlighten the public on trending/topical issues
* To push for political stability using the vehicle of factual reportage.
Our major focus:
- Keep reports simple.
- Be clear in presentation.
- News must be educative, entertaining and informative.
Our target audience:
Upwardly mobile Nigerians
Our main categories:
An emerging online television station in Nigeria.
One of the top online television station awarded for best security reports, especially in the case of Boko Haram and banditry insurgency
Renowned for breaking the news
Popular with local news, cutting across the six geopolitical zones in Nigeria.
An online TV Station known for its regular human angle stories
A TV Station that promotes public reactions to issues
Anywhere you are, Citizen Television Nigeria is at your palm as we are visible all over the world.
Because different news fly about in the media, we engage in a series of fact-checking before going to the press. This has further strengthened the trust we enjoy from our readers/audience.
Website Name: Citizen Television Nigeria
Website Address: citizentvnigeria.com
Publisher Name: Citizentvnigeria
Corporate Address: Plot 5, Opposite Saint Dominic Catholic Church, Sachi, Makurdi, Benue State, Nigeria.
Editor: Peter Asema
IT officer: Pet Asema
Launch date: March 15, 2021